As we are coming up on Holiday season I love to take a minute and be intentional with what I want the next few months to look and feel like in my home. Take 30 minutes and sit down to create a list. I have found the best way for me to make this list the most intentional is to first jot down anything that I love about the season. Or what memories or smells come with the upcoming months. From there I create a more organized list of what I want to bring into my home, or not bring into my home to accomplish the feeling I want for the next season.
To hopefully help get you brainstorming I thought I would share my lists with you here.
B r a i n S t o r m L i s t
- Brisk air
- Hot drinks
- Pumpkin cookies
- Blankets and cuddling
- Fire crackling
- Dark mornings
- Dark nights
- Family gatherings
- Lots of music
- Warm bread
- Cozy textures
- Muted color tones
- Nature changing
I n t e n t i o n a l L i s t
- Breathe in fresh air for at least 30 minutes a day. By either going on a walk, or opening up some of my windows.
- Bedtime 9:30 PM, Wake up 5:30 PM
- Snuggle with my kids every chance I can get on the couch in blankets
- Create a holiday playlist for the season
- Bake bread weekly
- Decorate with what I have, as well as from nature
- Pull out warmer and deeper toned decor
- Lots of texture
- Read my scriptures by the fire or candle light every morning while it’s still dark
- Find an herbal tea flavor to love
- Enjoy the holiday food but make smart decisions about what is in our food
Hopefully this gave you a little glimpse into what you could do in your home with your family over the next few months to make your home feel exactly how you want it too. I truly believe that by taking a step back, being present with yourself, and making a plan of intention- it makes all the difference.